Tuesday 22 May 2012

Fathers can be mothers too by Linda Young

Fathers can be mothers too
6-1/2" x 7"
Watercolor 300# arches cp
by Linda Young
Every year a new clutch of Cardinal babies arrive in our pine tree; every year the father and mother yap at me to get off my patio because I'm in their space!  So, this time, I left my "perch" and ran upstairs to get on an even level with the baby and father Cardinal.  I watched from a place they didn't expect me to be and took the picture of daddy feeding his offspring which I have placed into a small painting.

Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle Pa. 17013 

6 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Great painting, Linda - and I love the story that goes with it!

Sunny said...

Beautiful painting - beautiful story!

Unknown said...

Thank you Claire. Last year the storm broke off the limb a new couple were nesting in. They never returned and I haven't seen them in the tree this year either. They are here but I don't know where they are nesting.

Unknown said...

Thank you Sunny

Patricia A. Griffin said...

Thank you for taking the time to participate in the challenge. Love the slant and the piece

Unknown said...

Thank you Patricia