Saturday 6 July 2013

Abstracted Landscape II - acrylic objective abstract palette knife painting of landscape on canvas by Pennsylvania Contemporary Artist Pat Koscienski

Abstracted Landscape II
12" x 6"
Acrylic on canvas

I did start this abstract painting with a landscape in mind.  Beause an "object" is abstracted, and still can be seen, it is called an objective abstract, rather than a nonobjective abstract, where just color, texture and composition rule.  I used a palette knife to apply the paint, and wanted to abstract the color and keep it mainly to green and orange.  If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact PAT.  If you would like to see more of my paintings, both abstract or representational, please visit my website and blogspot at:

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Great work PAT!
I am a big FAN of green and the palette knife!
'Nice to see you at the reception.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I LOVE this, Pat - nice airy work with your knife makes this absolutely beautiful!