Sunday 23 June 2013

Daily Painters of Pennsylvania Challenge Painting for June/July 2013 "Abstracts Puzzle Me" by Mary Beth Brath

Abstracts Puzzle Me by Mary Beth Brath
5x7" Holbein Aqua Oils
 
 
Ahhh Yes - another wonderful DPP Challenge.  I have created a few abstracts that I have not shown to the public.  When I was about 3/4 of the way through this painting, I realised I have a very cohesive group of work coming together. Flips me out!  It was not forced. It was not planned.  Incredible.  When the body of work is ready to show, I will have an exhibit.
 
The background on this painting was applied with a brush.  The rest of the paint was thickly dabbed and laid on with a brush much like a little tiny sponge and toothpicks...keep in mind it is only 5x7".
 
Work in Progress Photo
 
I hope to try another abstract before the challenge ends.
 
MB
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is so much fun, Mary Beth - just love it! I smiled as soon as the page opened up. This is a wonderful addition to the June/July DPP Challenge!!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So NICE to see you try the challenge, MB!