Click on Photo for larger image
Click on photo for larger image
Welcome to the Daily Painters of Pennsylvania Challenge Blog!
My class asked me to do a demonstration on sky and water reflections.
We did a small creek last week so this week we will take
on a bigger scale. I am posting two images to choose from, or you
can choose your own. Calm water gets darker as it gets
closer to the viewer. You can see into the depth more.
The reflections of busy water still takes it's color cue from what
is above. Have fun with the brushwork. Exaggerate the colors if you
like, crop and find a composition that speaks to you.
I will post my examples next week.
Good luck, and Happy Painting!
Rules of the Challenge:
1. This monthly Challenge is for DPP members only,
but anyone is welcome and encouraged to make comments on the posts.
2. Submit your Challenge entry just as you would a regular post - with
a picture of your entry and anything you would like to write about
your experience with this particular challenge. You are welcome to
submit more than one entry.
3. All entries must be posted no later than midnight April 30, 2012.
4. To get a larger, high-resolution version of the monthly Challenge photo, just click on
the photo in this post.
5. Please put only your name in the label section of your post - thanks!
(Your name should appear exactly as it does on the DPP blog)
6. Please follow the spirit of this challenge - all submissions must be created
after the Challenge has been posted.
7. Have fun!